Counselling for Individuals
Life can be tough when you’re struggling with personal, relational, or work issues. We all need to be heard and understood by someone we can trust.
If you’re struggling, you don’t have to go it alone. I will help you find your way to a better place.
Counselling is a supportive process that can help you to make sense of yourself and the problems you face. It allows a therapeutic relationship to develop between us in a safe space, where you’ll be free from judgement and shame.
Seeking therapeutic support is the first step to moving yourself forward in a positive direction. It’s an opportunity for positive change that requires honesty, courage, and a willingness to explore yourself.
My counselling practice focuses on working alongside you. I’ll support you to become more mindful and self-aware. Together we’ll identify what’s really going on in your life and what is causing you pain and discomfort.
I’ll guide you away from your old patterns of thinking, and encourage you to look inwards. By supporting you to develop inner self-awareness, you’ll become responsible for the quality of your own life experience. You’ll also develop an understanding of how you relate to others and the patterns that drive your relational dynamics.
We’ll explore and seek an understanding of your early attachment-forming experiences and the impact they have on your current relationships.
Mental health is something that all of us deal with at one point or another, and most of us are not immune from depression, anxiety, obsessional thinking, and low self-worth.
Regardless of what is happening in your life, depression, anxiety, grief, relationship challenges, or experiencing trauma – counselling for individuals can help you. It will give you the time and space to feel emotionally supported when you need it most.
Counselling for individuals can help you with many difficulties, including:
- Processing emotions around domestic abuse, parental alienation or workplace bullying.
- Providing support in times of confusing change. I can support you in adapting and coping with this change. Helping you explore your feelings of loss, dislocation and isolation.
- Accompanying you on your journey through grief. Whether caused by a death of a loved one or the loss of something vital. I will support you to face the reality and pain of your loss so you can move forward with your life again.
- Working with menopause and ageing. Exploring new ways of approaching life.
The benefits of Counselling for individuals:
- Feel listened to and validated. Feel that your experiences, thoughts and feelings matter.
- Support to heal emotionally if you have experienced loss or trauma.
- Support to make decisions, identify personal goals and learn strategies to achieve them.
- Develop a deeper insight and understanding of yourself and your relationships.